Pages

Friday, December 16, 2016

My cousin

My cousin has stage 4 cancer. He has returned to his home. The doctors are looking into an experimental treatment. This wretched world is a better place with his presence, and I pray he remains for many years according to God's will.

He has been a pilot most of his life. His passengers have always landed safely, sometimes through tremendous danger. As kids I spent part of a summer working with him on their farm. He was always cool under pressure; an important quality when hundreds of souls are in your hands. He was also gracious in the face of my ignorance of farm work.

He's a good husband and father. He looks after the interest of others.

On the whole we ignore the inevitable, but every moment we walk in the hands of God and the face of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment